Friday, September 23, 2011

From Another Era? Victorian England I Say

I admit to a certain likeness of the Victorian era set in England. If it is possible to have a past life, I say the Sherlock Holmes era.

I recently watched the 2009 remake of Dorian Gray. I love the style of dress, men and women, the manners, the writing, the world at that time. I know that it lacks the modern conveniences  that we have, enjoy, and expect today.

I know that nothing is as it appears to be, you have to experience it to know how it really is, I would love to try.
No, I wouldn't want to be one of the many downtrodden in life people, but one of the upper class. Not real rich, but rich enough.

Dream big!

What and where was your before life?

Now if I can just get the butler to buttle me some coffee!

ray

2 comments:

linda said...

Well, not the Victorian era. For women childbirth could mean death. And having to wear a corset - ouch.

For me, the 1920's would have been decadant fun. Like you though, I would choose to be rich and not poor. The clothes, the travel. And England was still a great empire.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda

I know all things weren't good, but the style intrigues me.

And for that corset, think skinny waist! ha ha

Glad guys didn't have to wear them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...