Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lowered Expectations, It's A Two Way Street

I think over time I have lowered my expectations of people and their actions and thoughts and how it affects myself. I do this so as not to be hurt emotionaly I guess. But thinking about a little further I am betting that people do the same when my name is brought up into a conservation.

I am nicely surprised when someone does something good for me but not when something bad is done against me. There are varing degrees of each, like being nibbled by ducks, not enough to put you down but it can still make you weary.

People always try to interpert what do you mean and why did he say that. Written language lacks the face to face meaning, smiles, twinkle in the eye, facial obeservations that complete the thought process.  It is what it is.

Lower the bar enough times and I may finally exceed your expectations.
And then, it is your turn...

cold coffee time

ray

8 comments:

Pearl said...

I always expect good things. Sometimes, I'm disappointed, but then again, what else would I be doing if I weren't just trying to stay positive?

Pearl

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Well said Ray. I agree that we both seem to be reflecting at the moment.

Falcondawn said...

Lowering bar of expectations: absolutely right and important!

Keep on Ray!

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl

Sometimes I feel time is running out on the possibilities of the positives.

Travel

I am in stuck in one of those moments, it happens.

raydenzel1 said...

Olivier

It is what it is. But one has to accept the outcome.

middle child said...

Did I write this? I could have. Peace.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

"Like being nibbled by ducks..." ((Shudder)) I read that too close to bedtime.

linda said...

I have basic expectations of people. The expectations that allow us to live as a collective in a big society. Naturally I have more expectations from those I share my life with. Outside of that I don't have many expectations. I take people as they are. Some good, some not so good. But, overall, I think people are okay.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...