Sunday, September 25, 2011

What Did I look Like, Then And Now

Alright out there, control the laughter! And you, in the back row, stop smirking.

I don't know how much things have changed from 1971 to now. Many pounds since then that I have been working on removing. More worldly I suppose now a days. A sports freak, wanted to play it all. Just not that good enough. Somewhere there is the full color photo in a frame hiding in a closet. This was the best I could do on the spur of the moment. A chick magnet, not exactly. I didn't date, never went to a prom or dance. I did find out after the senior prom that a girl that I had a huge crush on, would of went with me if I asked her. Being flat broke all the time, I didn't think it was an option. Oh well. here we go.


1971 senior year
I was very nervous about getting my picture taken.
I was not all city anything. 
Someone made a mistake.
Nice hair!
That was many years ago.
18 years old.
sigh...



now at 58!
Still nervous about getting my picture taken.
40 years later
I wish I was still as athletic
as I was back then.
But do I want to be that young again?
Nope.
Once was enough thank you!
Better hair and glasses I think.
So there you go, a little more about me.

I think this calls for a beer!

ray

7 comments:

Cameron said...

I had glasses just like that, but a few years before high school.

I admire your courage to post this old picture! Those school years were tough socially, weren't they?

raydenzel1 said...

Cameron

Glasses were not a confidence builder.

In high school I was always nervous in social situations. It was about five years later, I forced myself to be a bartender. It opened me up to talking to anyone about anything. I push myself on a daily basis everyday.

Aw, I hope I look better now! No courage involved.
Thanks.

klahanie said...

Hey Ray, we're both 58 and we both look great! Go grads of 1971 :)
Actually, I did a similar posting to this with, yikes, my grad photo from 1971, complete with my weird spectacles ....
And yep, have a beer, now that you are old enough!
Cheers,
Gary :)

Josie said...

I see things have improved with age. In that facet men are so lucky!

raydenzel1 said...

gary
The class of 71 was the best now wasn't it! Glasses had no style at all back then.

Joise

I was hoping I did. thank you.
But women now a days take better care of themselves. Grey hair does not make them old looking. it is a sexy look.

Anonymous said...

Handsome then and still handsome now!

raydenzel1 said...

Dee

aw, thank you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...