Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Confessions Of An Ice Cream-coholic

You know about the 12 step program,

 for me it is a twelve serving program.

I have not had any since mid-April

There is some in the fridge calling to me.

My brain seems to think a 1/2 gallon container

is an individual serving.

My appetite for the cold stuff is insatiable.

All kinds of flavors.

I can look, but not touch.

Not even a taste.

like a moth to a flame

like the suggestive cries

from the female sirens

calling me

promising me 

all kind of delights

at what costs

expanding the waistlines

faster than beer

resist I must

ice cream belly

is 

not 

a

pretty

sight

 sigh...

very early coffee time

ray

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

Neithr are ice cream arteries, either. At least you can look at your belly and know what's happening. Good job abstaining.

raydenzel1 said...

Joanne

When I get to where I want to be weight-wise, then I will indulge. Thanksgiving, Christmas! I hope.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

I, too, need a 12-step program for ice cream! I'd have it for dinner every night if I could.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda

Do you mean for dinner instead of desert?
lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...