Wednesday, November 14, 2012

You do realize those are my balls you are playing with?

Golf balls! Golf balls! lol

I took off a few days last week as a friend flew down from Chicago for a few days and we played a few rounds of golf, caught up with each other on the daily going ons and if I remember correctly had a few beers! Okay, more then a few.

The weather somewhat cooperated, chilly and windy but no rain. We golfed at a new place, for him, and an old favorite. We had a good time. We even took a beer into the ocean, with pictures, just to prove that the ocean was there.

He tries to come down once a year for a few days, which I greatly appreciate but I wonder for how much longer. It is true that things start to breakdown as we get older, and he has many aches and pains, so many that I wondered if golf would be out of the question. He wondered too. I hate to say it but he was looking frail at times, enough so that I felt strong and youthful in comparison. Well, for the most part anyway

As a side note though, I noticed a stronger divergence on our personal viewpoints on politics and the world stage at large, some worth discussing but mostly a nod here or there, not in agreement but to acknowledge a point or two. But we have know each other for over forty years now so that is okay.

Work has been tiring and not yet fruitful but I continue to plug away and success will succumb to my efforts. It has to, or I will put a death grip on it until it yields.

quick coffee time
early networking meeting
rather be golfing!

ray

4 comments:

middle child said...

Long time friends can survive each other's differences. As for the balls? I was disappointed to discover that you were talking about golf balls cuz I still can't remember who's I was.....um, no. Nevermind.

raydenzel1 said...

oh middle

you made me smile!

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

That's right, RJ. You kick that duck's azz.
Or wring its neck, as it were.

raydenzel1 said...

Dawn
The last few days were two steps forward one back. I am gaining!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...