Thursday, November 15, 2012

another birthday, yep, 60...sigh

The older I get the younger everyone appears, part of the continual aging process I guess. The women sure look younger, that is for sure.

I don't feel I have lived up to my potential but maybe, just maybe I have. Maybe this is as good as it gets, the most successful I will be as a man, a husband, a father, a person.  Is it enough? I don't think so. If they are keeping score I don't think I have accomplished all that much.

I am struggling on my new job, I know that is part of it. Numbers as in cash, as in sales is what it is all about. I am still determined to make it and have my break through, but when I wonder, my resilient shrug it off attitude is taking a beating. The bills are piling up. I try to shrug off the pressure. Be stoic, isn't that what a man should be? But I see others doing well and I wonder.

I know that having a birthday beats the alternative, I understand. But the birthdays sure come faster don't they?

Maybe, just maybe, someday...

a morning coffee and an evening beer
happy birthday to me

ray
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...