Saturday, November 10, 2012

The missing 1% is me

If you noticed the election tallies, Obama had 50%, and Rommney had 49% of the popular vote. What about the missing one percent?

I was part of the population that had voted for someone else. I know that some will say it was a wasted vote. I think not. I have been disappointed with the results of  the last four years. Who I voted for doesn't matter but it was a  conscience decision  on my part.

Promises are made to be broken and I am never surprised with the results. It is not the headline stuff that everyone points at but the low key moves that threaten us all, many that I have talked about before.

I have not told family or friends about my vote this past election, they would not understand, but I am truly part of the 1% now. Two strong party choices are no longer enough in my eyes.

How many more elections will I be around for, I don't know but I can see myself doing it again.

One has to do what one has to do.

beer time

ray

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Hello Ray!

My oldest daughter voted like you. I asked her why and she said that she wants to start a change to a more than two party system and can't think how else to do that.

Here in Minnesota we voted down two horrible amendments and since I volunteered for one of them I was very happy!

raydenzel1 said...

Hi Deborah!!

Nice to see you. Your daughter is wise beyond her years. She may see change in her lifetime, a worthy cause. I am glad you were successful too!

ray

Dawn@Lighten Up! said...

I voted for Obama. I think he's trying, but Republicans block him EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, just for the sake of doing so.
Also, I just think he's a good and decent person, and I tend to vote with my gut and heart. All I felt from the other camp was hatred and judgment.
I don't think your vote was wasted. The two majorities just fight each other, and never get anything done, anyway.
How cool is it, RJ, that we live in a country where we have the choice to vote however we wish?

Choleesa said...

You voted for Roseane, didnt you?

raydenzel1 said...

Dawn

I think that a third party would break the deadlock. They don't like each other do they?
Yes it is cool as long as they count them!

Choleesa

Ha, very funny. Nope!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...