Sunday, January 29, 2012

This Needed Telling Part Two

Let's see, I won't be doing anymore posts on what is in your food. You know, or choose to ignore the content of what companies put in your food. 


I have pointed out you can find tri-sodium phosphates, titanium dioxides, foaming agents, petroleum products, Round-Up pesticides, food dyes, natural and artificial flavorings in your food and you still eat it. 


Many of the names I just mentioned can be found in the paint department in cleaners, paint and pipe cleaners in the plumbing department to clean the pipes in the sink.


A lot of restaurants use food suppliers that all use the same types of food.


I love to make my own meals. I have gone back to the old style of making my own soup, doing my own baking and so on. I am slowly going organic because even though it does cost more in some cases, not all, I think I am worth it.


To put it another way, convenience kills, albeit slowly. Vending machines are harmful and very costly. Diet foods, another oxymoron, make you fat.


There are chemical companies that will make something taste like whatever you want. Chemical companies! And yet, still you eat it.


I have talked about chicken nuggets, strawberry milk shakes, chemical crusted chips.
Yogurt with more sugar then a handful of candy bars, orange juice with chemical flavoring added,  and the list goes on.


You all are adults. You make your own decisions. I give up. 


Sometimes the problem with being an adult is you stop asking questions and are supposed to make decisions based on the untruths of advertising.


For those that want to know more, sign up for some news letters at Men's Health or sign up with Dr. Mercola and his news letter emails. You will be surprised at the range of topics covered on both.


This is not to say that there won't be a mention here and there on something. But it will be a mention. That is all.


thanks


coffee time


ray

2 comments:

Cameron said...

James & I were just talking about how defensive people are about their diets, even if they KNOW that certain foods are bad for you. They are almost militant about protecting their diet choices, which mystifies me; it seems that people should want to eat as well as possible.

We've been mostly vegetarian for quite a few years, and sometimes go the extra mile into vegan eating. We are currently doing that and feel great!

I am fortunate that James is a fantastic cook, and makes most things from scratch. People insist that they 'don't have time' to prepare food that's good for you. Hogwash, I say! It really doesn't take that long. What time better spent, eh? The INTENTION to eat well is a good start.

raydenzel1 said...

Cameron

I agree. To make meals from scratch, one has to plan ahead. If you have the ingredients on hand, so much the better. Any one can cook, just like anyone can draw. you just have to try.
bon appetit!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...