Monday, May 17, 2010

Bruce Lee Famous Quote


Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless, like water.
If you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup.
If you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle.
If you put water into a tea pot, it becomes the tea pot.
Water can flow, or water can crash.
Be water my friend.

Some more quotes

The usefulness of a cup is its emptiness. Be prepared to accept new knowledge and not be hindered or biased by old knowledge.

Using no way as way. - Don't have preconceived notions about anything.

Having no limitation as limitation. - Don't be confined by anything, achieve true freedom.

From form to formless and from finite to infinite. Don't be confined by limitations and forms. By not having specific form all forms can be included.

The consciousness of "self" is the greatest hindrance to the proper execution of all physical action.

Use only that which works, and take it from any place you can find it

Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

Quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.

I always learn something, and that is: to always be yourself. And to express yourself, to have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate him.

It's not the daily increase but daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeet_Kune_Do Click on title for more information.

7 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

"Having no limitation as limitation. - Don't be confined by anything, achieve true freedom." I love that quote - thanks for sharing!

middle child said...

In response to a comment you left on my blog,....I think my life is complicated only in my mind. The reality is simple. It's all the thinking that gets me into trouble. Blessings!

middle child said...

p.s. I LOVE House!!!

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
Thanks. Being home today, I was watching him on the History Channel. Always fascinating. Glad you liked it.

raydenzel1 said...

Middle Child
House is my hero!

Glad you stopped bye.

Deborah said...

Be Water

Brilliant!

I am pinning this on my corkboard.

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah
Welcome back.

He is very interesting and very complicated.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...