Thursday, October 7, 2010

Say" I Love You", While It Still Matters

Some times as life goes on people drift apart. They forget all the pluses and focus on minuses. The warmth and closeness, two pulling together against the ups and downs of life. One starts to remember the down times more so then not. The phrase "I love you" begins to fade away.

After awhile, it seems to take some effort. The words seem hollow and then they stop all together.  Love does matter, but has to be nurtured, like a flower, paid attention to it, not left alone. Then it will wither and die. People move on in life. What was important, what was once shared is no more.

So take care my friend, or the two together will be two alone.

6 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Well said. "I love you" is a phrase that is overused by many - said without thought or meaning - similar to "I'm sorry".

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
Yes, it is the depth of meaning on either phrase that makes it worthwhile.

Deborah said...

My daughters believe we need to say it every time we talk to someone we love. They never hangup a phone or leave my house without telling me they love me.

I like that.

linda said...

I don't say it often but when I say it I mean it.

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah
Linda
I guess I wrote this because I don't remember the last time someone said to me "I love you"

Deborah said...

RJ - say it to someone you love! It isn't all about hearing it back. Give it to get it and all that. Trite, but true.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...