Monday, August 1, 2011

Some Body Is Letting Me Down!

That some body is my body.

Shoulders that ache, knees in pain, it seems that the adventures of youth and life have taken its toll.

I am somewhat envious and jealous of others who engage in some type of athletic endeavor.

I wistfully look on as others test themselves in competition of any kind.

I feel a bit beaten down at the moment.

I am trying, believe me.

Somewhat futile at the moment.

I used to.

Three defining words.

We used to say growing up, "better to be a has been then a never was."

Now I am not so sure.

I am counting on pride to pull me back up to be involved once again.

When I was growing up it was an unspoken rule to play through the hurts and the pain of competition.

Can I do it again?

So far no...

After wallowing in all this self pity,

I am going to need a shower for the body and the mind.

ray

3 comments:

middle child said...

Even if you could play through the aches and pains, you would wake up the next morning wondering what kind of truck hit you. Try to enjoy the experience of watching others excel. This is what I do when I hear a beautiful singer. I can no longer sing like I did but I so enjoy a good voice and I can harmonize in my head. Peace.

linda said...

RJ: I did no sport at all when younger. Nothing. Now, after having taken it up after the age of forty, I have aches and pains that really let me down. So it may not be just to do with has preceded. Better to have peace of mind and a sense of self than think about what has passed.

However, you can have some down days too. It's part of being a human being.

raydenzel1 said...

Middle child

Aches and pains come with any endeavor but it is how long they last and usually go away that makes the next challenge fun. I miss fun. It is too bad we can not hear you sing on your blog!

Linda

I always want to see someone have fun and enjoy life and the self satisfaction of doing well with sport of any kind. I am happy reading about your latest adventures on the physical side. You know I always wish you well.

I am frustrated. I hate the word " can't". I have skills and resources that have been put on a shelf.

I am having a down week. But enough whining. Maybe it is time for some "ant juice"! haha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...