Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Did You Know That I Am A Guest Poet?

I have been a guest poet blogger for about a year now. It is a lot of fun and I feel honored that some of my work gets selected from time to time. This time around the comments made me feel good. One never knows how good and how the effort will be received. I am grateful. Below are a few of the comments from the site, from http://coffeetableguestbook.blogspot.com/. Thank you for the personal moment.

from moondustwriter
Excellent poem about a hopeless condition
My heart breaks for these children. Death sadly is a blessing

from V.Mafood
Seeing the horror these children endure makes my blood run cold. It is beyond heartless. I will tell the author about your comment! Thanks!

from songnwoods
Very moving and tragic words...a reality still, in this part of the world too.

I recommend the site if you like poetry. click on the title to get to the site.
October 10, 2010 2:35 PMOctober 8, 2010 11:56 AMOctober 8, 2010 11:22 AM

08
Oct
V. Mahfood
Bookmark and Share
By: R. J. Denzel 

(Note: This photograph showing a starving Sudanese child being stalked by a vulture won Kevin Carter the 1994 Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.)


why oh why
what have I done
to be in a place
where there
is no hope

no food
no drink
all alone
so young

no future
no past
can't understand
forsaken

gift to mankind
possibilities
unlimited
doctor
scientist

cruelty of mankind
starvation
dying of thirst

cruelty of nature
cruelty of man

food and water
everywhere
not here
never enough
hunger constant
thirst constant
suffering constant
future is dim

I am forsaken
what have I done
death is near
end the suffering


R. J. Denzel
R. Jacob Post Poetic Muses

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Congrats on being a guest poet. I know it's one of your passions, so it's nice to know that you have the forum to share it with others.

BTW - I like the new look :)

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
It is good to her comments from other people, good or bad. I never know if my writing is good or not.
Pink for October for the cause. Back to my red in November!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...