Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Tale Of Two Scales

I have used for the longest time a bathroom scale, a basic model that one that you adjust to center on zero, stand, look down and shrug. Maybe it is true, shoes are 5 lbs each? Kidding, I think. But it didn't seem right the last time I used it. A visit to the doctors office confirmed that it was wrong and it was time for a change.

Off to the local store. I looked for the best one they had, reading the box it showed a digital readout, bone mass. and fat index. Yep that is the one to get.

It will take some time fiddling with it, but nothing like the bright lights of reality looking up at you, unblinking, stating the obvious. I have a ways to go.

I lost over 40 lbs last year and I must do it again this year.  Overall health is important and being at the right weight will be a big help.

I thought I had bought a defective machine as I stepped on the scale and it read "One person at a time please!" Ouch.

and now it is time for the usual coffee
black, no cream, no sugar
keep them coming!

after all, I have a pair of size 34 jeans waiting on stand by!

ray
Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...