Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Tale Of Two Scales

I have used for the longest time a bathroom scale, a basic model that one that you adjust to center on zero, stand, look down and shrug. Maybe it is true, shoes are 5 lbs each? Kidding, I think. But it didn't seem right the last time I used it. A visit to the doctors office confirmed that it was wrong and it was time for a change.

Off to the local store. I looked for the best one they had, reading the box it showed a digital readout, bone mass. and fat index. Yep that is the one to get.

It will take some time fiddling with it, but nothing like the bright lights of reality looking up at you, unblinking, stating the obvious. I have a ways to go.

I lost over 40 lbs last year and I must do it again this year.  Overall health is important and being at the right weight will be a big help.

I thought I had bought a defective machine as I stepped on the scale and it read "One person at a time please!" Ouch.

and now it is time for the usual coffee
black, no cream, no sugar
keep them coming!

after all, I have a pair of size 34 jeans waiting on stand by!

ray

8 comments:

Pearl said...

1. Happy anniversary (blog)!

2. I'm on a diet as well, hoping for 25 pounds. Or 30. But more than 15. :-)

Pearl

raydenzel1 said...

pearl

1. Thank you!

2. when women lose weight the results are amazing. when a guy loses weight, it doesn't seem to look like he did.
You look huggable now, so 15 will probably do it!

ray

klahanie said...

Hi Ray,
This all sounds very encouraging and wish you well with reaching a weight your feel comfortable with. And what a goal. Heck, I've got a pair of 32 inch waist flared jeans just waiting to be worn...then again....
Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Wow--40 pounds?! And you want to lose another 40? Yikes! Don't forget there are women out there who like some bulk to their men. :) Good for you, though! XOXO

raydenzel1 said...

Klahanie

I last wore a 32 inch waist in my very early twenties. I will be very happy to put on the 34's!
thank you my friend.

Vegas Linda
I think I will feel better and look better. I haven't noticed those women. At least not around here.

Thanks for the words of encouragement from all!

middle child said...

40#s!? Wow. Good for you! And I do agree, the scales at the doctors offices are wrong....er, what? Oh, I get cha now. I have figured out that I can weigh less on my scale if I lean back more on my heels.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Hope it wasn't a Weight Watchers scale...those things are a conspiracy.

raydenzel1 said...

travel

right now I am giving the scale the evil eye!. No, it is not a weight watcher's scale. It is called a Health o Meter, bought at the local Wal-mart, about $40. It has a setting for your weight goal, right now it is mocking me! ha ha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...