Thursday, February 16, 2012

Knee Surgery Postponed

It is kind of sad really and funny at the same time. Working with workman's comp has been a nightmare. An authorization had been given for the doctor to go ahead with the surgery on my knee. I had gotten my medication yesterday knowing I would need it after surgery today. I had my daughter drive me this morning. I checked in, signed my life away and proceeded to the prep room. I put on the very stylish gown, laid back in the bed and the nurse hooked me up in to the I.V.  And like a scene from a bad movie, the doctor walked in with a sheet of paper that said the authorization had been nullified and the surgery had been canceled. Almost like a call from the governor issuing a stay of execution except in this case I was denied.

WTF

This has been 22 months since I hurt myself at work. I won't go in to the how details but one would agree it has been awhile.

I have learned to be patient over the years. We are not done yet.

to be continued
a surgical beer is needed

ray

5 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Oh, that stinks. Let me guess, you also had to fast for 12 hours prior too.

Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

raydenzel1 said...

travel
yep it stinks
not quite 12 hours, but I was hungry enough to eat a pillow!

middle child said...

What???? I would have thrown a bed pan at the very least.
On a MUCH smaller scale....I went to the hospital tuesday for some tests. When I get there the receptionist says that the doctor hasn't faxed the orders over yet, that they'd been trying to contact him since the previous day. I used my cell phone to call the doctor and pressed the button for a doctor or hospital. Yup, they picked up the call immed. and I got the orders faxed right over. Sorry this is stupidly long but...hang in there. Workman's comp is a bitch!

linda said...

That is very disappointing.

raydenzel1 said...

Middle
There wasn't much I could do. Yelling wouldn't have worked. The nurses were very frustrated too. And the doctor was not happy.

Linda
Yes, very disappointing. I have been bummed for the last few days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...