Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The 40th Anniversary Of The Godfather, The Bestest Movie Of All Time!


Okay, I know bestest isn't a word, but it should be to describe this movie. I have watched it hundreds of times over the years and read the book so many times that it fell apart and I had to replace it.

By the way, reading the book fills in the gaps that movie doesn't touch on and vice versa.
And of course, you must watch Godfather II as good at the first. Godfather III is not as good, but it does touch on the Vatican banking scandals.

Each time I read and watch I find myself immersed in the story of the of the Italian immigrant and the paths that his life took to the present time of the movie.

Many times I use quotes from the movie, but on occasion catch myself, realizing that they have not seen the movie and the quote is useless.

A quick note of sorts, every time you see oranges, someone or something dies! except once.

If you click on the title of the post it will take you to Wikipedia for more information.

the movie trailer



the opening scene


6 comments:

Cameron said...

The Godfather premiered on March 15, 1972, not quite 40 years ago.

I took my girlfriend and she spent the entire movie clutching my right arm. It was sore for days!

raydenzel1 said...

Cameron
What was I writing! You are correct. I too saw it at the movies!

klahanie said...

Hi Ray,
And I also saw that film when it came out in 1972. I was eighteen and living in Vancouver. What memories and indeed one of the bestest films, ever!
Cheers, Gary.

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I am ashamed to say that I've never seen the movie in its entirety. I'm not really a gangster movie sort of person. Shame on me for what I'm missing out on.

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
It is not a gangster movie per se, more like the story of a family and how they got to where they are today.
It is more the story of fate and how it affects this family.
I do not like Scarface, Goodfellas, The Sopranos and so on. They are violent for violence sake.
The wife only recently as a few years ago watched it and it turned into a marathon of sorts, watching all three movies. I think you would be pleasantly surprised.

P.S.
The response to Cameron was that I had written the 42nd anniversary instead of the 40th. what was I thinking?

raydenzel1 said...

Gary

So strong was the Godfather influence, later on as friends got married, the tuxedo style was like the Godfather wedding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...