Friday, September 10, 2010

The Speed Of My Youth

No, I am not quite that old yet as pictured, but there are days I feel like that. Someone at worked asked me what I miss the most, what I wish I had back, and without thinking I said "The speed of my youth". When it felt like I could run for ever, play any sport, try anything and do reasonably well, without hesitation. Play hard, recover, and do it again. Not worrying about pulled muscles, huffing and puffing, will I make it in to work, might get hurt, and so on.

My car trunk when I got older had equipment for all sports in it. Tennis, check. Golf, check. baseball, check. Basketball, check. Hockey, check. football, check. Squash, check. And so on. Never a worry, never a care.

Yes, I know, there are many out there doing it all at my age and beyond, but sometimes you have to pick and choose what is best for you.

And yet it seems not that long ago, a different time when I was young....

4 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I like to believe that I can still do it all and some of those things, I can do far better than those younger than me. I just need a little more recovery time.

raydenzel1 said...

Travel &amp
You know what you can do and you will know when you can't. Experience can triumph over youth until one reaches that tipping point. Enjoy!

Deborah said...

Yeah, but with the speed of youth, we run into trouble all the time.

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah
But running pain free, ah I remember. Why it seems like only yesterday(TVscreen starts wavering, back in time).....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...