Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Can Feel It In My Bones

I live in south Florida, a sub tropical paradise.  Well not really, but close enough. The summers can be very hot and lately the winters colder then they should be. There is always the humidity to put up with.

But come winter time there is a cold dampness in the air. The aches in the joints start to show up. The knees start to ache a bit more. The feet get colder. Time to retrieve the slippers. The old man's feet are cold.

But it is the ache that doesn't go away until spring.  Sometimes it is tough getting old. But being older beats the alternative.

I can feel it in my bones...

sigh

Time for ancient Ray to get a hot cup of coffee...

2 comments:

Pearl said...

I was over in Bradenton Beach FL last winter, laughing at the people who thought 50 degrees was cold, but I have to admit that, combined with the dampness, there certainly is an unpleasant aspect to 50. Stay warm and DRY my friend!

Pearl

raydenzel1 said...

Pearl

I used to feel like you. But once you get used to the year round weather, you can never go back to the arctic frigid cold we call winter.
hugs!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...