Saturday, December 15, 2012

I felt a bit like Rudolph, not playing in any reindeer games

It is true that you can feel like in outsider in a group. Lat night it was our Christmas party and I almost didn't attend. At the last minute I said yes. When you are not producing you are on the outside looking in.

My perception I know. I grabbed a seat along the wall and tried not to interact much instead chose to people watch instead. People have a tendency to interact in small groups, looking for a certain comfort level and camaraderie amongst their fellow workers.

I did behave myself because I had a long trip ahead of me, a 28 mile trip back home, so I used my two drink tickets, a few beers, and left.

Fellow workers act differently in a social situation, liquor flowing, bar scene. What was interesting was how everyone dressed, especially the women. The peacock look was in last night. Definitely a big difference in how they looked and acted. I am sure things progressed through out the night. Careers can be made or broken at an office party. I wonder for whom.

 I was not charming last night, just acted very low key and after the raffle, quietly moved on.  I will look back at the strange year I have had and look forward to comparing this year to the upcoming year.

time to work my magic on some plumbing problems.

coffee time

ray

3 comments:

klahanie said...

Hi Ray,

Yes you can feel alone even when surrounded by people.

You were the way you felt according to how things are going in your life. The fact you actually attended does speak volumes for you having the courage to go through the motions.

May you be a most magical plumber and dammit, enjoy your Sunday.

Time for a British coffee. Help me!

Gary

raydenzel1 said...

Gary
The plumbing was magical!

I felt like I thought I would. I have given it the big try, a case of the right thing to do and the wrong way to do it. It is a career I will stay with, just with someone else. Never a spot of coffee, always a spot of tea, yes?

raydenzel1 said...

Gary
I have good news. I start a new job next week, 1-2-12 with a different insurance company working out of an office for the most part. A nice change!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...