Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The End of the World December 21, 2012? And miss the After Christmas Sales?

Isn't the Mayan prediction about the end of the world getting a little out of hand? Is this 2000 all over again? This is like going through tea leaves to predict the future. Nostradamus back dating musings. How come rational people can start the slide to the edge and suspend all disbelief , once again?

Haven't we learn from the past, cults that spring up and then fade away. What we can't understand must be mystical. That is how religions sprung up, to supplant reason and give comfort. To eliminate reason is to give up control of ones thought process.

Abracadabra!

Many people will die on December 21, 2012. But they were going to anyway. That is the problem with statistics , stuff happens. People live, people die. Are we insignificant? Maybe. Some of you anyway. Bad drivers for one.

For me, I plan on being here on December 22,2012. I have booked a tee time at a great golf course, and one can not miss a tee time.

Oh no more thing on my things to do list. Buy a helmet!

1 comment:

linda said...

I think I am busy that day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...