Wednesday, January 12, 2011

IIIIKKKKKEEEEEEAAAA IKEA!!!!!


Like many other people, I have heard of IKEA. People swear by them. Bloggers show off their bookcases. Here in Florida there is a store in Sunrise and farther north in Orlando. Sunrise was the obvious choice, about an hour away, about 60 miles. Today, I had the day off. The adventure begins.


bright blue and yellow.
They love the primary colors.
Hard to miss, ya think?


nice touch, covered parking.


did I mention yellow?


I am into appliances and kitchen cabinets.
I sell appliances for a living.


love the drawers instead of doors.
very user friendly


a new look cooktop for me.


I fell in love with the wall units on offer.


and this one.


and this one


or this one.


our big TV will fit.


nope not this one



brand names I hadn't heard of.


cool hanging stuff 


this is why the sign said grab a cart, you will need one!


and more.



double ovens.


nice slide in range.


It could be yours.


The sign showed 251 sft which had a kitchen, living room. bedroom, and a bathroom.
Pictures couldn't do it justice. Very slick.


Tight on space, no problem. the clothes swing forward.


slides back into place


the door panel slides into place.


I loved the colors and the style of this kitchen.


huge eating area. It will be filling up soon.


warm, bright and inviting

The first floor had all the pots and pans and dishes and paintings and very cool stuff. I had to force myself to leave.

Now I would love to show you all the things that I bought. Nothing this time. I didn't buy a thing. Too many other big bills pending, but I will be back for another adventure. 

Bring lots of money!

6 comments:

linda said...

You are gone. Once you get into Ikea life will never be the same.

Got to tell though, the stuff falls apart if you try to move it around.

I love that place. It is far enough from our home that it would be inconvenient to go there. Otherwise I may visit more often.

middle child said...

I wanna go but haven't yet. I hear conflicting reports about quality but would make my own judgement. The only thing I know for sure is that all their items have a conglomeration of letters instead of "normal" names. So,..if you buy something, is it kind of like taking all the labels off your cans of food and opening one up, not knowing what you'll get?

raydenzel1 said...

linda
It is also too far from our house. Right now I am thinking that is a good thing. I do have a pickup truck, a bad combination with all they have to offer.

raydenzel1 said...

Middle child
Mostly the stuff is knockdown, put together by you. Or Hunter! The design aspects are brilliant by design. Go for it!

Fanypap said...

Ray, there is an IKEA in Thessaloniki too!! for many years! My Kitchen is from Ikea, and it is this one, which you are in the photograph!You choose one like mine!!!the products of Ikea are practicals and they have very good quality.the design is very beautiful. Especially the wood is strong, and the finishes have very good work. .The pots and pans e.t. are un-deadly.The prices are low.It is a very good store. Kisses from Greece.

raydenzel1 said...

Fany

That is very funny, the one you have I like! I am sure the meals you make are wonderful!
Kisses back to you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...