Friday, December 3, 2010

Keep The Drawing In The Lines.....

Sometimes inspiration comes to a stop. The words that were dancing in my head seemed to have slowed down since I did the "wedding vows" for the lady at work. It is a mystery and I am awaiting something to happen.

But there seems an awakening in another form of drawing. I will see where this goes, but so far it has been satisfying. Here are some recent attempts.

The first one is a drawing I made from an  exercise I used in my instruction art book.  It is a knight on a horse. The trick was to turn the picture upside down and then draw it. My drawing was done upside down, and I had no idea what it would look like until I was done.

First the book....


and then my attempt, remember I did this upside down.


I got restless afterwards looking for something else to draw. I had gotten a hand drawn thank you card from my neighbor which looks like this.



This is what I did.


The horse I drew upside down, the man right side up. Which makes me wonder, how does drawing up-side down help the mind draw?

Anyway, not all music, or thoughts, or poems, there might be more to me to be unearthed, a lump of coal to turn into a diamond! The book does say a self portrait is in order. Must get back to work...

8 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Those drawings are fantastic! I have no skill in that field at all so I'm a little jealous. Keep up the good work.

raydenzel1 said...

tramp

you are very kind. I happily accept all compliments as fuel for the fire. you have many skills, I am looking for one.
Thank you.

Deborah said...

I am envious!

raydenzel1 said...

Deborah

naw, don't be. I am just happy to share something kind of new. I used to draw a thousand years ago as a kid. Not a lot, but enough. I never did anything with it. Now that I have a few positive influences in my life, maybe I can get better at something! Still searching after all these years. thank you.

Vic Mahfood said...

Really nice, and just like the original! Why didn't I ever get any of that talent? Impressive!

raydenzel1 said...

V.Mahfood
I am real curious where this will take me.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Interesting exercise--I've heard of the concept of drawing something upside down. (I modeled for art classes in college for beer money; maybe that's where I--ha!) I think it's supposed to train your mind to draw what you actually see, not what your brain interprets as seeing. Stay with it!

raydenzel1 said...

Vegas
So what you are saying that if I buy you a beer or two....!

Yes, now I try to draw for an hour or so each day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...