Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What if you gave it your all and it wasn't enough?

This last year has been a financial nightmare for me as I stumbled from one profession to another. It was almost like starting up a company with little or no qualifications but a desire (need) to move on from the tried and true that has been practiced over the years to something completely different. What was lacking though was the confidence that I would succeed, the end result was a self fulling prophecy. I failed. After a year that was my end result.

So today I go back to what I have done before, and I will do well at it.  Once again I will be like an actor on a stage playing a part. I will be selling tangible things, appliances, not ideas, not promises. Things that you can touch and see, not visualize or imagine (insurance). Has it all been a waste? Failure has not been for naught as I know how not to do something. It does clear the mind of wondering if I could.

I have learned a tremendous amount over the last year and though it may someday be only trivia, I do have facts and information stored away for future use.

My mind is aswirl in ideas that need to be tried and tested but in a part time way as the bills still need to be paid and the future to be tended to.

What I have found that if you have the courage and desire to work on straight commission that there are opportunities a plenty, after all, most of the cost is covered by you. Finding the right fit is the trick, pay is the treat.

Hope springs eternal. Execution lays the foundation for success.

coffee time

ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...