Monday, April 18, 2011

Now This Hurts!


A guy expects to get hurt on occasion, It can be very painful at times, but usually goes away. I can happen at work or play. I wish I could say it was because I am a weekend warrior, but that has passed me by. I am trying to get my knee in walking order.

Nope, my right shoulder is killing me, a tear or something pulled I don't know. It doesn't hurt in all directions, but in the right one, it is like WTF, why me?

Does age matter? I am sure it does. Is it an accumulation of everything I have done in the past?
Once again yes. When did it happen? I wish I knew. A lot of my job is a blend of customer service and very physical labor. Load that refrigerator in your truck? You bet! After all I did sell it to you didn't I?

Life right now is doing it's best to put me on a shelf, I refuse to give up.

People do look at you different when you are hurt. Some think it is because you are too old. Women that are active cross you off their list. They will go with a younger guy or someone they perceive as in better shape.
They don't come out and say it, but you know.  Life sometimes isn't fair.  But pride counts for something.

Now where did I put the heating pad?

coffee time

ray







2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

I feel for you. I've been having shoulder and neck pain for 6 months and I've just started going to physiotherapy - after the chiropractor failed to fix me up. It better start working soon because it's costing a small fortune for someone to tell me how to exercise to "strengthen" the neck muscles.

Hope you feel better soon.

raydenzel1 said...

Travel
So good to see you. I am sorry you are hurting also. I am thinking, reading your latest posts, that your pain started when you took on your new job? I'm just saying...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...