Friday, September 4, 2009

Of Course, Favorite TV Shows

Since I am in a list mood, how about TV shows? Same guidelines as the movie list, but with TV, it was something that drew you in weekly and looking back, still holds up today. Some shows were trendy, some had a great intro, and some, you wonder why I watched it. Some, I barely remember, so I didn't pick them.
Here we go....

ABC's Wide World of Sports

Alfred Hitchcock Presents

All in the Family

The Avengers

Batman

The Bob Newhart Show

The Carol Burnett Show

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Cheers

Dallas

Dark Shadows

The Dean Martin Show

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Dragnet

The Ed Sullivan Show

The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show

Gilligan's Island

Hill Street Blues

I Spy

Late Night with David Letterman (NBC)

Married... With Children

The Mary Tyler Moore Show

M*A*S*H

The Monkees

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Moonlighting

The Odd Couple

The Outer Limits

The Prisoner

Rocky and Bullwinkle Show

Rowan and Martins Laugh In

Sanford and Son

Saturday Night Live (early years)

Sesame Street

The Simpsons

Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour

60 Minutes

Soap

SportsCenter (up until 4 or 5 years ago)

Star Trek

St. Elsewhere

Taxi

The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson

The Twilight Zone

What's My Line?

WKRP in Cincinnati

Local Shows when I was young

Romper Room

The Ray Raynor Show

Bozo's Circus ( local Chicago Version)

Garfield Goose and Friends

Johnny Quest

No, I didn't like Captain Kangaroo..

Again, I have noticed, that as I grew older I watched less TV. Life, work, family, and so on took up more time. and so it goes...

more when I think of them..

4 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Many blasts from the past on your list that I also enjoyed. The Monkees! That was my favorite show when I was 11 or 12.

Did you ever watch Letterman's morning show from around 1979? It wasn't on very long. My kids were babies and it was a wonderful way to break up the morning. I remember thinking, man, this guy is really something.

Aren't you a little young for Burns and Allen?

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
Yes I did watch his show back then. It was very funny, won all kind of awards and then was canceled. Show Business.

And no, I remember the show quite well. I loved the fact he would talk to the camera during the show. Lots of laughs.
Thanks for the compliment.
Never missed the Monkees . Her we come, walking down the street..

linda said...

I know a lot of these, but not all. I am afraid I hated Sesame Street and forbade my son from watching it. Awful of me I know.

Star Trek - I think I have seen every episode. I once watched eight hours of it straight. Science fiction appeals to me - if well done of course. Bad Sci Fi is very bad.

I think I saw Gilligan's Island 100 thousand times, so often it was repeated here.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
You didn't like the Cookie Monster and the Count? Sigh!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...