Friday, June 19, 2009

The Manly Art Of Shopping

buy some nuts
and bolts
tools that gleam
promise solution
new pathway
how to man
saw and hammer
noisy stuff
cut and pound
count the fingers

big box store
shines in the sun
everything needed
some to want
build it
they will come
aisles and aisles
new surprises

can I help you
too proud to ask
directions not needed
list forgotten
size I'm guessing
surprise her he will
in his mind's eye
like in the picture
mortise and tendon
rabbit and biscuit
concrete and mortar
home improvement

wait it's a grill
smell the cooking
the boy's be proud
have a cold one
ice chest full
party started

all a dream
at the store
milk and bread
diapers too
what size
who knows

paper towels
and shampoo
women stuff
one package or two
hates to shop
it's not fun
let her do it
back to his dream
she is the gatherer
he is the hunter
back in the day
he was
the man

4 comments:

linda said...

Ha, hunter and gatherer worked well in caveman days (aka pre women's liberation). Not so now since women have to go out and work (hunting) AND shopping (gathering).

But I agree with you. Man and general shopping do not work well. You have to respect the differences and work with them. If you keep trying to change it, well, it can be a bit hard.

raydenzel1 said...

Linda
We like to do different kind of shopping, tools, big screen TV's etc. Staples, basics, another story.

Catastrophe Waitress said...

man are some of my most favourite shoppers going.
you get three sorts of male customers -
1. shop guru
2. bag carrier
3. commando shopper

i LOVE numbers 1&3.
bag carriers should just stay at home.
they're utterly miserable!

raydenzel1 said...

projectivist :
Hi. I guess I am number 1 when it comes to the big box hardware store. I like food shopping when I can take my time. Going to the mall, nope.
Carry a bag, I am so out of there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...