Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Beatles, Last thought, Garage Bands

We wanted to look like them, dress like them, sing like them, but how about play like them?

Garage bands. As simple as it sounds, someone clear out a garage, buy some cheap equipment, practice like crazy and be a star!

Sometimes they played in a basement too. Sometimes there was competition between one group and another. As far as I can recall, no one made it big. It was all about being popular in those days. Being that I wasn't, I played at home on my own, in the basement, for hours trying to play what I heard. I still had fun doing it.

Great time for music.

At the time, what group did I like better than the Beatles? The Dave Clark Five. I thought the drummer was better.
Oops!

That is it, some of my thoughts from 50 years ago.

ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...