Thursday, April 25, 2013

Guys holding business signs at the corner, the new age ad man?

I don't know if it is a Florida thing. I suspect the warm weather has something to do with it. But many businesses now hire someone to sit by the entrance to a business holding a sign that is meant to get you to turn in to buy that pizza for $5.00 or we buy gold or really cheap phones here!

Some sit, some stand, some twirl the signs like an ad ninja, but they are everywhere. A desperate attempt to bring in some business? A successful form of advertising? I was tempted to ask one guy what the going pay rate was.

As I wrote this I realized that many decades ago, a man would walk around with a wearing a sandwich board, a two piece advertisement held together with straps, allowing him to walk around extolling the virtues of the special of the day outside a restaurant. I realize that things haven't changed much at all.

Thinking about it, it seems like a new career choice!

morning swim time and the coffee!

ray


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...