Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Do You Feel My Pain?

injury started it
but long time
coming

body run down
over time
waiting for a chance

the knee
one part of many
crying out
no where to hide
in the world

ache pain
sleep unable
toss
turn
fatigue causes sleep
not for long

body positioned
in bed
like chalk
outline
seeking relief

drug help
one that works
two months
like a lifetime

how does one
handle it all
chronic
life sapping
overwhelming

understand
now
gets to the point
end it all

why they do it
why they call
Dr. Kervorkian
line one

4 comments:

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Nice. Whenever I have an achy head, I think of the poor people who live each day in chronic pain. It's hard to imagine. I was a hospice volunteer for several years and I can't tell you how many patients called Dr. K. their hero. HBO recently aired a biopic starring Al Pacino--very thought provoking.

raydenzel1 said...

Vegas Linda Lou

I got hurt at work, twisting my knee, tearing my meniscus. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 12.
I feel for people whose pain never goes away.

Kat Mortensen said...

Sorry Ray,

I believe in one of my comments I referred to you as Roy. I have a really hard time when names are so close - I keep asking myself is it Ray, or Roy and inevitably, I get it wrong!
(I hate it when people call me Kate.)

Kat

raydenzel1 said...

Poetikat
No problem, thanks.

Ray

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...