Monday, July 22, 2013

Another All Star Game Come And Gone

Last week there was the baseball all star game. I didn't watch, again. If you think I am not a baseball fan, you would be mistaken. Actually, I was.

When I was little, baseball was a big part of my life. I was born in Chicago and I became a Cubs fan. I had my heros. When the all star game was on, I could barely breathe, hoping all my Cubbies would play, do well, be a big part of the game and help bring home a win for the National league all stars.

Growing up, I kept hoping they would win the pennant, win the World Series, many times. I am still waiting. Then over time, baseball its self became tainted with one star after another found to be doing drugs and gradually my love for the game faded away. Also, for the most part, the game its self became all about the money. How much a team spends, how much a player makes, ticket prices out of control and so on. None of my kids say "how about going to a game?"

We were spoiled with Cubs baseball daytime home games. They played at 1:30 p.m. It made many boring, hot summer days bearable because of baseball. It was great growing up with baseball.

And now, it is a distant memory.

morning coffee time

ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...