Monday, November 25, 2013

If you had a college degree and a real career, you would be off on Thanksgiving

And so I was told by my wife as I grumbled about working on Thanksgiving. And so it goes. You are looked down upon for working in retail. There is no respect for the worker or for a salesman either. Management in retail offers no respect either.

I have done it all in retail. Ran stores, stocked shelves, sold for a living, because I have no skills and it was the only thing out there. Could be true, right?

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those that buy and those that sell.

Respect is given to the lawyers and doctors and the indian chiefs. Just don't be in retail, that is a nothing job. I tried many times to get me some school learning and get that career, just didn't happen. I tried again later in life and came up short.

I tire of it, I really do. But as my working career winds down, it is hard to be proud of a career that has cost me so many hours, days, weeks, months, years, missed holidays, picnics, parties and so on because I worked retail.

Friends marvel that I have been able to do the backbreaking work for so long, but not the type of work that I have done.

But a man has got to do what a man has got to do.

It's all I have.

signed,
disgruntled
ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...