Friday, November 21, 2014

What you see when the company has a party

Last Sunday our company had a little party after work. Most employees attended. I almost skipped it as it was a long work day. I was glad I went, some close work friends were there and it was a fun couple of hours.

We do have a diverse work place with people from 19 to 72 years old. What surprised me was how people dressed for the occasion. If you think you are up on the current fashion trends and styles, let me tell you, you have no clue. I certainly don't.

It was hip hop heaven. I was totally surprised by the fashion statements, not that it was bad, but I was blown away.

As I looked around I felt very old.

But now for the funny part. You would not believe how many guys in their forties and fifties were trying to blend in. It was funny and yet a bit sad. I understand we wear shirts and ties all day long and this is a chance to look different, but still.

I still wish I had thought to bring my new Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd t-shirt.

Now that would be age appropriate!

old Ray

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...